Wednesday 20 October 2010

Illuminated by Elluminate.

Wow. What an amazing few days. 2 days MLE training followed by time for thought and ending with a session using Elluminate!!! I saw this first on Fronter, our MLE, and I've been keen to try it. Tonight came my chance. Ian Addison, @ianaddison on Twitter, co-hosted a session talking ICT stuff (Use of netbooks and ICT suites and their potential direction) on Elluminate. I am impressed by it BUT my mic is on my webcam in the main room of the house. If you want to use this aplication, make sure you're in a quiet room and the technology works!
What did I find out? Well the text side and what I heard tells me that some schools are preparing to let families 'borrow' netbooks. Depends upon where you teach. Not around us!!! Maybe have drop-in sessions in the IT suite!
I suppose I have a cynical view of the area but quite often that is justified. Fragmatory families might mean siblings, cousins, step this and tat relavives and even parents with sustance reliance might mislay some of these. Budgets are tight or gone. All parents have TVs and alot have game systems so why not computers and internet? Maybe we have to hook parents into realising the potential for use of the internet. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment